Easy Access: Location & Transportation
Just an hour northeast of New York City, West Haven is easily accessible for both travelers and commuters. Served by major highway systems, vehicle access is obtained by Interstate 95, the Merritt and Wilbur Cross parkways (Route 15), and Boston Post Road (U.S. 1).
West Haven’s Metro-North Railroad commuter station, which features a surface parking lot with 658 spaces, is within walking distance of downtown, while major international airports John F. Kennedy and LaGuardia in New York City and Bradley in Windsor Locks, Connecticut, are within a 1 ½-hour drive. Locally, Tweed New Haven Airport offers regional service. Limousine services are available to all locations. The Greater New Haven Transit District provides local bus service.
Useful Transportation Links
- Connecticut Transit New Haven Routes and Schedules
- Greater New Haven Transit District
- Taxi Service: 203-777-7777
- Tweed New Haven Airport
- Bradley International Airport
- John F. Kennedy International Airport
- LaGuardia International Airport
- T.F. Green Airport
- Westchester County Airport