West Haven CT Homepage

Permits & Complaints

Complaints About Property Damage by a Business

This process would start with the zoning enforcement officer by calling 203-937-3611.

Aboveground Pools

Permits are needed for aboveground swimming pools. Contact the Building Department by calling 203-937-3590.


The Code of the City of West Haven Section 119-1(E) states in part the collection of garbage and refuse and other waste material from industrial, business and apartment buildings of more than four dwelling units shall be the responsibility of the property owner(s).

The Building Department does not regulate dumpsters for the type of site you mention, but you may consider contacting the fire districts; there have been recorded instances of dumpster fires and there may be regulations that need to be followed.
Government Websites by CivicPlus®
Arrow Left Arrow Right
Slideshow Left Arrow Slideshow Right Arrow