As mentioned on our homepage, the staff members of the Department of Elderly Services include the following:
All staff members are able to provide informational assistance regarding outreach and referral services to the older residents of West Haven.
- Director of Elderly Services — who is a certified therapeutic recreation specialist, not a licensed social worker.
- Program Coordinator.
- Administrative and Program Assistant.
However, if further guidance and assistance may be required, please understand that appropriate advisement to varying agencies may include the following but are not limited to:
- The state Department of Social Services’ Protective Services for the Elderly Program.
- The Agency on Aging of Southern Central Connecticut.
- The West Haven Housing Authority and other localized housing services.
- Specific city departments, found inside or outside of City Hall.
- Local meal assistance programs | medical loan programs | medical transportation.
- Local points of interest in West Haven.
- Local home care services.
- Local adult day care, assisted living and rehabilitation facilities.