West Haven Interagency Network for Children (WHINC)
Our Local System of Care’s mission is to provide various support services for West Haven’s families, children, youths, adolescents and young adults, including those with special needs through collaboration with other municipal departments, the West Haven Board of Education and other service providers in Greater New Haven.
Programs and services offered include parent support groups, social groups for adolescents and young adults, and after-school and evening activities, such as a karate club, a duckpin bowling club, a summer enrichment program and special holiday events. All activities and programs are for families and children with special needs.
WHINC meets the third Wednesday of each month at City Hall, 355 Main St. For information on our collaborative, visit us on Facebook
- WHINC Collaborative meets the third Wednesday of each month from 11:30 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. at City Hall, 355 Main St. For more information, call Diane Dietman at 203-937-3633.
- Parent and Guardian Support Group for families of special needs children meets the second Monday of each month from 6-7:45 p.m. at the Johnson Community Center, 201 Noble St. For more information, call Viola Waldo at 203-804-5326 or visit us on Facebook.
- Social Group for Adolescents and Young Adults with special needs meets the second Tuesday of each month. The meeting location changes monthly. Participation in the social group requires an initial interview with the group facilitator. For more information, call Viola Waldo at 203-804-5326.
- Spanish Support Group for Spanish-speaking families of special needs children meets the third Thursday of each month from 6:30-7:45 p.m. at the Johnson Community Center, 201 Noble St. For more information, call Daisy Rivera at 717-405-9263 or Rosalyn Diaz-Ortiz at 203-710-8299.
- Bereavement Support Group for Widows, Widowers and Partners 65 and younger meets the second and fourth Wednesdays of each month from 6-7:30 p.m. at the Johnson Community Center, 201 Noble St. Our group invites anyone seeking support — residence in West Haven is not required. For more information, call Toni-Jo Limosani at 203-410-2541 or visit us on Facebook.